After battling it out in the ODI & T20I series, Afghanistan & West Indies lock horns in the only test which is to happen on the same ground where they played the entire tour. It was all West Indies in the ODI series while Afghanistan pulled off a major upset victory over the world champions in the T20I format. In the tests however, it is the survival of the fittest. You wouldn’t see a fluke happening in test cricket which is why both the teams should be looking to work really hard going into this match!
When:- November 27, 9:30 AM IST
Where:- Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow
Afghanistan has had a very decnde run in tests as of yet. They have defeated a formidable side like Bangladesh but West Indies is a very solid side in test cricket. With some seriously good fast bowlers and technically apt batsmen, they make a very good team. Afghanistan has played on this ground often and they should definitely be looking to take major benefits of it. The pitch is going to help spinners big time, allowing Rashid Khan & co to take the advantage. Cornwall & Warrican for Windies need to make their chances count.
1. Mohammad Nabi is not going to be available for this test
2. Kemar Roach is expected to play the game although he’s still struggling with a few niggles
3. Alzarri Joseph will replace Shannon Gabriel for the match, at least that’s what’s expected
WI playing XI (probables)
John Campbell, Kraigg Brathwaite, Shamarh Brooks, Shai Hope (WK), Roston Chase, Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder (C), Rahkeem Cornwall, Kemar Roach, Alzarri Joseph, Jomel Warrican
AFG playing XI (probables)
Ibrahim Zadran, Javed Ahmadi, Ihsanullah, Rahmat Shah, Asghar Afghan, Nasir Jamal, Asfar Zazai (WK), Rashid Khan (C), Amir Hamza, Yamin Ahmadzai, Zia-ur-Rehman
WI vs AFG Betting Odds
1. According to Betway, 9/5 odds are in favor of Afghanistan while 10/11 odds are in favor of West Indies
2. Bet365 claims 8/6 odds in the favor of Afghanistan in comparison to 10/11 for West Indies
3. According to Skybet, 13/8 odds are in favor of Afghanistan and 4/5 odds are in favor of West Indies
WI vs AFG who will win
Odds are in favor of West Indies and they are very likely to win this test!