It is a contest between two teams struggling to get to the top. Sydney Thunder had a great start to the tournament. Led really well by the captain Callum Ferguson who has been consistently scoring runs, they once sat at the top of the table. But a few losses all of a sudden has put them into a bad position. The side is lacking a complete package in the batting while bowling has struggled to make an impact in recent time which is a crazy situation. They will definitely have to get better in order to qualify to the next round unlike last year where they could not quality into the final four.
When:- January 6, 1:40 PM IST
Where:- SCG, Sydney
Brisbane Heat went with a lot of fireworks in their batting in last match but the problem still persists in their bowling. They have failed to make a major impact with the bowl and they lack the variety in batters. All of them are hitters of the ball and they lack that class batsman who can anchor the innings while the other batsmen are all ready to explode. They will have to look into the situation furthermore in order to make for victories in the matches to come.
1. Gurinder Sandhu is going to walk in for Jonathan Cook which is going to boost the bowling for Sydney Thunder.
2. Mitch Swepson will be back in for Brisbane Heat.
THU playing XI (probables)
Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson (C), Matthew Gilkes (WK), Alex Ross, Chris Morris, Daniel Sams, Arjun Nair, Chris Green, Nathan McAndrew, Gurinder Sandhu
HEA playing XI (probables)
Tom Banton, Max Bryant, Chris Lynn (C), Matt Renshaw, Jimmy Peirson (WK), Ben Cutting, Mark Steketee, Josh Lalor, Jack Prestwidge, Zahir Khan, Ben Laughlin
THU vs HEA Betting Odds
1. Bet365 claims 4/5 odds in the favor of Thunder & 11/10 odds in the favor of Brisbane Heat.
2. Skybet claims 10/11 odds in favor of both the teams.
3. William Hill claims 8/11 odds in the favor of Sydney Thunder & 11/10 odds in the favor of Brisbane Heat.
THU vs HEA who will win today match
Sydney Thunder is more likely to win the contest!