It is still very early on in the latest edition of Big Bash League. It all started with Sydney Thunder vs Brisbane Heat at the Gabba and things are looking to take an upturn. It is the first match of Melbourne Renegades this season while Sydney Thunder is going to play its second match. It is a long wait for Sydney Thunder to reach their home as their home season starts only in 2020. The first match of the tournament was a smooth sailing for the side as Callum Ferguson led his side to the win very comfortably. It was an all round effort with the bowlers and batters coming together as a unit with some valuable performances.
When:- December 19, 1:40 PM IST
Where:- Simonds stadium, Geelong
Melbourne Renegades had a very average season last year and they would look to change their fate this time around. The team is led by Aaron Finch who happens to be the captain of Australian side as well. Apart from Finch, there are guys like Shaun Marsh, Daniel Christian in the side which makes it a very experienced unit. Apart from them, there are some young and talented guys in the team too in the likes of Sam Harper, Harry Gurney and Tom Cooper too. It is going to be a tough task in hand for Sydney Thunder to get rid of them.
1. Beau Webster will have to sit out from the first match of the tournament for Melbourne Renegades.
2. Sydney Thunder would not look to change a thing from the last match.
REN playing XI (Probables)
Aaron Finch (C), Sam Harper (WK), Shaun Marsh, Alex Doolan, Tom Cooper, Daniel Christian, Jack Wildermuth, Cameron Boyce, Jhye Richardson, Richard Gleeson, Harry Gurney
THU playing XI (Probables)
Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson (C), Alex Ross, Daniel Sams, Matthew Gilkes (WK), Chris Green, Nathan McAndrew, Arjun Nair, Jonathan Cook, Chris Tremain, Liam Hatcher, Tanveer Sangha
REN vs THU Betting Odds
1. Bet365 claims 4/6 odds in the favor of Melbourne Renegades while 13/10 in the favor of Thunder.
2. According to Skybet, 4/6 odds are in the favor of Melbourne Renegades and 6/5 odds are in the favor of Thunder.
3. According to Betfair, 8/13 odds are in the favor of Melbourne Renegades and 5/4 in the favor of Sydney Thunder.
REN vs THU who will win today match
In all likelihood, Melbourne Renegades might just start their campaign with a win at the home ground!