So we are on course for the 2nd most successful T20 leagues all around the world. After IPL, it is Big Bash League which has made a huge name for itself. The time has finally come for the 9th edition of the tournament. The first match is between two very hot franchises. Brisbane Heat has the most loyal fanbases from all the teams playing in the tournament. This is happening when they are yet to win a tournament. Sydney Thunder won it back in 2015-16 edition but there’s not much of an impression either team could make in the last edition.
When:- December 17, 1:30 PM IST
Where:- The Gabba, Brisbane
Brisbane Heat has a new signing who happens to be the hottest signing for any league out there, AB De Villiers. The team is strong on paper and has been led by Chris Lynn since last edition due to the retirement of the other half of bash brothers, Brendon Mccullum. With the likes of Bryant, Cutting in the team, there is a lot of life in that batting line up. While Sydney Thunder’s captain himself Callum Ferguson is an asset to the team. Alex Hales coming in is a huge transition and with likes of Khawaja, Sams in the line up, they would not be worrying much either.
1. ABD is going to miss the first game due to him staying for Mzansi Super League final overnight.
2. Chris Morris would not be available either, suggests the 13-man squad of Sydney Thunder.
HEA playing XI (probables)
Chris Lynn (C), Ben Cutting, Max Bryant, Tom Banton (WK), Matt Renshaw, Mark Steketee, Mitch Swepson, Ben Laughlin, Josh Lalor, Zahir Khan, James Person
THU playing XI (probables)
Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson (C), Alex Ross, Daniel Sams, Matthew Gikes (WK), Chris Green, Jonathan Cook, Chris Tremain, Arjun Nair, Liam Hatcher
HEA vs THU Betting Odds
1. According to Bet365, 8/13 odds are in favor of Brisbane Heat while 11/8 odds are in favor of Sydney Thunder.
2. According to Skybet, 4/6 odds are in favor of Brisbane Heat and 6/5 odds are in favor of Sydney Thunder.
3. MBet claims 31/50 odds in the favor of Brisbane Heat while 13/10 odds are lying in favor of Sydney Thunder.
HEA vs THU who will win today match
Brisbane Heat is likely to open their account with a win at their home ground!