After a fantastic unusual 5 match T20I series, New Zealand is all set to host England in a 2-match test series. England is going to play for the first since Ashes while New Zealand is going to play its first test series at home since world cup. The rivalry has kept on becoming hotter and hotter ever since the controversial yet entertaining world cup final this year and you can expect more fireworks in the test series but this time on part of bowlers rather than the batters as we saw in the T20 series.
When:- November 21, 3:30 AM IST
Where:- Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui
Although England drew the Ashes at home, it wasn’t a smooth sailing for them as a test side. Batsmen are failing to perform time and again while James Anderson-less bowling side seems to be finding it tough to remain consistent. Stuart Broad has played his part well but not on the level of the highest wicket taking fast bowler in international cricket. There might be fresh faces at the top of the batting order too. For New Zealand, it might be a much better situation since they are almost confirmed of what their playing XI might look like barring a few decisions regarding the pace attack.
1. Joe Denly is well and fit which means opening position is going to stay the same for both the teams
2. Only two out of Ollie Pope, Dominic Sibley & Zak Crawley are going to make it into the XI & probably bat at #3 & #5
3. New Zealand might be bothered of a few bowling line up decisions
ENG playing XI (probables)
Joe Denly, Rory Burns, Dominic Sibley, Joe Root (C), Ben Stokes, Zak Crawley, Jos Buttler (WK), Sam Curran, Stuart Broad, Jofra Archer, Jack Leach
NZ playing XI (probables)
Jeet Raval, Tom Latham, Kane Williamson (C), Ross Taylor, Henry Nicholls, BJ Watling (WK), Colin De Grandhomme, Tim Southee, Mitchell Santner, Trent Boult, Neil Wagner
ENG vs NZ Betting Odds
1. According to Bet365, 11/10 odds are in favor of New Zealand & 6/4 odds are in favor of England.
2. According to Skybet, 11/10 odds are in favor of New Zealand & 11/8 are in favor of England.
3. According to Ludens, 11/10 odds are in favor of New Zealand & 6/4 odds in favor of England.
ENG vs NZ 1st Test who will win?
According to Betting odds, New Zealand has a slight advantage over England and they might just end up winning the test!