The next fixture of Spanish League 2017-18 will see the clash of two teams who are in the same range when it comes to the set of skills and points both the teams have achieved so far in this season. This is going to be a thrilling contest because if we go by the points table then Sevilla, the away team are better because they are ranked 6th on the points table with 29 points and the home team, Espanyol is ranked 14th with 24 points but if we go by the last six performances of both the teams than the home team has more wins in their last six games than the visiting team. Sevilla failed to win a single match in their last five games and what makes it worse for them that they have not been able to contain the situation either. They have been simply losing their games.
League- Spanish League 2017-2018
Venue- RCDE Stadium, Spain
Date and Time- 5:30 PM IST on Saturday, January 20, 2018
SEV – W, L, D, L, L, L
ESL – L, L, D, W, W, D
Rico (GK), Corchia, Lenglet, Kjaer, Escudero, Pizarro, N’Zonzi, Banega, Navas, Yedder, Nolito
Lopez (GK), Vila, Duarte, Hermoso, Lopez, Sanchez, Lopez, Darder, Baptistao, Moreno, Piatti
• Simon Kjaer is back for this game after missing out on Cup action because of his back injuries
• Steven N’Zonzi is also back on the playing team for this fixture for the away team
• Pablo Sarabia and Joaquin Correa are most likely to sit out this game, and in their place, Vincenzo Montella would play Nolito and Jesus Navas.
• Aaron Martin is suspended for this game and wouldn’t play for the home team
• Didac Villa is most likely to start in the place for Aaron Martin
• Sergio Garcia is out because of his hamstring injury, and Pablo Piatti would replace him
Though Sevilla is the better team if we go by the points table of the La Liga for this season, but our bet is on the home team because the visiting team has lost seven of their last eight away matches in this season so they are most likely to fail to work their magic in this fixture since they would be visiting team. On another hand, the home team has won all the last three head to head encounters on their home ground.
We are providing you with the SEV Vs ESL football match preview based on our research and understanding. Please choose your own probable playing 11 as these matches are quite risky to predict who will play and who will not get the chance to play.