In the final of CPL 2019, table toppers Guyana Amazon Warriors will go against Barbados Tridents at the Brian Lara Stadium in Tarouba, Trinidad on Saturday night. Guyana have a perfect record in this year’s tournament with 10 wins from 10 matches in the league stage and have already pipped Barbados by 30 runs after that to qualify for the final. Barbados Tridents turned their season around as they ditched elimination finished at number 2 in the league stage and it might boost their confidence a bit and should focus on playing fearless cricket.
Match Details :
Match : GUY vs BAR, Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Barbados Tridents, CPL 2019 Final
Date and Time : 13 October 2019, 2:30 AM IST
Venue : Brian Lara Stadium, Tarouba, Trinidad
Guyana Amazon Warriors Squad:
Shoaib Malik (c), Ben Laughlin, Imran Tahir, Veerasammy Permaul, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Brandon King, Chris Green, Qais Ahmad, Keemo Paul, Odean Smith, Anthony Bramble, Keagan Simmons, Romario Shepherd, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Sherfane Rutherford, Clinton Pestano
Barbados Tridents Squad:
Jean-Paul Duminy, Shakib Al Hasan, Harry Gurney, Alex Hales, Ashley Nurse, Johnson Charles, Josh Lalor, Jason Holder (c), Jonathan Carter, Justin Greaves, Raymon Reifer, Shai Hope (wk), Chemar Holder, Roshon Primus, Hayden Walsh, Leniko Boucher, Joshua Bishop
Guyana Amazon Warriors Team News and Expected Playing XI :
Team News :
1. Guyana Amazon Warriors finished at top of the table with 20 points from 10 matches (10 wins).
2. Shoaib Malik is captaining Guyana Amazon Warriors side in this tournament.
3. Shadab Khan is unavailable for selection due to national team’s duties.
4. There are no major injury concerns for Guyana Amazon Warriors side.
5. Guyana have already defeated Barbados once in qualification stage and have a clear mental edge
Expected Playing XI :
Imran Tahir, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Shoaib Malik (c), Shimron Hetmyer, Brandon King, Chris Green, Keemo Paul, Odean Smith, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Sherfane Rutherford, Romario Shepherd
Barbados Tridents Team News and Expected Playing XI :
Team News :
1. Barbados Tridents finished at second position in the league stage with 10 points from 10 matches (5 wins, 5 losses).
2. Jason Holder is leading Barbados Tridents side in this tournament.
3. Shai Hope was not involved in the previous encounter against Guyana and is back into the side, his inclusion could be decisive in this match.
4. Having defeated the current CPL champions, Trinbago Knight Riders to earn a spot in the final. Barbados would have the self belief to take them across the line.
5. Barbados Tridents will go in the match with at least three all rounders which’ll provide them a good batting depth and more than five bowling options.
Expected Playing XI :
Shakib Al Hasan, Harry Gurney, Jean-Paul Duminy, Alex Hales, Shai Hope (wk), Ashley Nurse, Johnson Charles, Jason Holder (c), Jonathan Carter, Raymon Reifer, Hayden Walsh
GUY vs BAR Dream11 Team Prediction :
Wicket keepers : Nicholas Pooran, Shai Hope
Batsmen : Brandon King, Alex Hales, Sherfane Rutherford
All rounders : Shakib al Hasan, Shoaib Malik, JP Duminy
Bowlers : Chris Green, Ashley Nurse, Imran Tahir
Captain and vice captain :
Captain – Shakib al Hasan or Shoaib Malik and vice captain – Nicholas Pooran or Brandon King
1. Last 5 matches in CPL 2019
2. Following Guyana Amazon Warriors players have been good in this tournament
3. Following Barbados Tridents players have been good in this tournament