The road to ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 has begun for associate nations in Aberdeen. In the opening round of Cricket World Cup league Two, three teams – Scotland, Oman and Papua New Guinea are facing off one another in a round robin format. In the fifth match host Scotland will take on Papua New Guinea at Mannofield Park in Aberdeen tomorrow.
Match Details :
Match : PNG vs SCO 5th ODI, Scotland Tri Series 2019
Date and Time : 20 August 2019, 15.30 (3.30 PM) IST
Venue : Mannofield Park, Aberdeen
Scotland Team News, Expected Playing XI and Squad :
Team News :
1. Scotland lost their opening match to Oman but after that back on the track and registered two back to back wins.
2. Scotland should continue with their winning XI.
3. There are no injury concerns in Scotland team camp.
Expected playing XI :
1. Matthew Cross (wk) 2. Kyle Coetzer (c) 3. Calum MacLeod 4. George Munsey 5. Richie Berrington 6. Michael Leask 7. Craig Wallace 8. Tom Sole 9. Safyaan Sharif 10. Mark Watt 11. Hamza Tahir
Scotland squad :
Kyle Coetzer (C), Richie Berrington, Matthew Cross, Alasdair Evans, Michael Leask, Calum MacLeod, Gavin Main, George Munsey, Adrian Neill, Safyaan Sharif, Tom Sole, Hamza Tahir, Craig Wallace, Mark Watt.
Papua New Guinea Team News, Expected Playing XI and Squad :
Team News :
1. Papua New Guinea have lost both their matches and they might make a few changes in their playing XI.
2. There are no injury concerns in Papua New Guinea team camp.
Expected Playing XI :
1. Toni Ura 2. Gaudi Toka 3. Assad Vala (c) 4. Lega Siaka 5. Charles Amini 6. Sese Bau 7. Kilplin Doriga (wk) 8. Chad Sopper 9. Norman Vanua 10. Damien Ravu 11. Nosaina Pokana
Papua New Guinea Squad :
Assad Vala, Charles Amini, Simon Atai, Sese Bau, Tony Ura(w), Kiplin Doriga, Riley Hekure, Hiri Hiri, Nosaina Pokana, Damien Ravu, Lega Siaka (c), Chad Soper, Norman Vanua, Gaudi Toka
PNG vs SCO Dream11 Prediction :
Wicketkeeper : Matthew Cross
Batsmen : Kyle Coetzer, Craig Wallace, Tony Ura and Assad Vala
All-rounders : Charles Amini and Richie Berrington
Bowlers : Hamza Tahir, Nosania Pokana, Safyaan Sharif and Mark Watt
Captain and Vice Captain :
Any two of Hamza Tahir, Kyle Coetzer and Assad Vala
1. Hamza Tahir picked up a five wicket haul in the last match and with nine wickets he is also the leading wicket taker in the series.
2. Kyle Coetzer has scored 152 runs in 3 innings so far which is the most runs by any batsman in this series.
3. Toni Ura scored 54 and 46 runs respectively in the first two matches.
4. Nosaina Pokana has picked up 4 wickets at an average of 14.25 in 2 matches.
5. Scotland beat Papua New Guinea by 3 wickets in their first meeting of this series.
6. Players like Assad Vala, Richie Berrington, Mark Watt and Safyaan Sharif too have done well so far.