PAK vs SA DREAM11 Prediction | South Africa vs Pakistan 3rd Test Preview | Who Will Win
After a scintillating display in the second Test at Cape Town, the Proteas would be eyeing to wrap-up the three-match series, while the visitors would want a consolidating win in the final Test before the action shifts to the limited overs.
Pakistan have been unable to pose any threat whatsoever to the Proteas as both matches saw one-way traffic going in favour of the hosts. As of now, the momentum is favouring the home side but with Faf du Plessis suspended for this match due to slow over-rate, Pakistan will like to make the most of this opportunity.
Pakistan has been lacking in every facet of the game, whether it is batting, fielding or bowling, they haven’t been able to perform in cohesion. They had a decent show with the ball in the first Test but the bowlers were hammered in the match in Cape Town as the Proteas consolidated their first innings score to 431 as skipper Faf du Plessis led the way with 103 runs.
Pakistan fought hard in their second innings notching up 294 courtesy half-centuries from Shan Masood, Asad Shafiq and Babar Azam who got 221 runs among them but the effort wasn’t enough as they managed only 41 runs lead which was comfortably chased by the hosts under 10 overs.
When – January 11, 01:30 PM IST
Where – The Wanderers, Johannesburg
PAK vs SA TEAM NEWS
- South African skipper Faf du Plessis will be missing this game after he was suspended with 20 per cent match fee fine for slow over-rate.
- Dean Elgar has been named as the skipper for the hosts and 23-year-old Zubayr Hamza looks in line to replace du Plessis.
- Aiden Markram has sustained a right thigh injury, uncapped Pieter Malan is on standby for him.
- Pakistan coach Mickey Arthur has expressed his desire to play 5 bowlers which means, Shadab Khan might get a game here.
PAK vs SA Squads
- Sarfraz Ahmed (c)
- Mohammad Rizwan
- Yasir Shah
- Shadab Khan
- Mohammad Amir
- Faheem Ashraf
- Shaheen Afridi
- Shan Masood
- Haris Sohail
- Asad Shafiq
- Babar Azam
- Mohammad Abbas
- Hasan Ali
- Fakhar Zaman
- Azhar Ali
South Africa Squad:
- Faf du Plessis (c)
- Quinton de Kock
- Dean Elgar
- Zubayr Hamza
- Hashim Amla
- Temba Bavuma
- Dale Steyn
- Dane Paterson
- Vernon Philander
- Theunis de Bruyn
- Keshav Maharaj
- Aiden Markram
- Duanne Olivier
- Kagiso Rabada
PAK vs SA Playing 11 (Probable)
Imam-ul-Haq, Shan Masood, Fakhar Zaman, Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Babar Azam, Sarfraz Ahmed, Yasir Shah, Mohammad Abbas, Mohammad Amir, Shaheen Afridi. (Doubt: Hasan Ali, Shadab Khan)
Hashim Amla, Quinton de Kock, Zubayr Hamza, Dean Elgar, Kagiso Rabada, Dale Steyn, Vernon Philander, Duanne Olivier, Theunis de Bruyn, Temba Bavuma. (Doubt: Aiden Markram)
PAK vs SA Dream11 Fantasy Team
Pakistan Fantasy Picks
- Shan Masood was promoted to open in the second innings of the last Test and got valiant 61 to his name. Babar Azam, Imam-ul-Haq and Asad Shafiq are the others who have been among runs.
- The pace trio of Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Abbas and Shaheen Afridi will be crucial in the bowling department. A lot many eyes would be on Shadab Khan who is expected to feature in this game after regaining full fitness.
South Africa Fantasy Picks
- In the absence of Faf du Plessis, the onus of getting heavy runs would be on the likes of Hashim Amla, Temba Bavuma and Dean Elgar, the trio have been among runs and have got half-centuries in the series so far.
- Duanne Olivier has impressed a lot with 16 scalps to his name from the two matches, veteran Dale Steyn got 7 in the last match while Kagiso Rabada ended up with 6. Among others, Vernon Philander is also a considerable choice.
Make PAK vs SA Dream11 Team as per your discretion from the squad listed in the article.