With the first match washed out, a comprehensive victory in the rain-affected second ODI, India will look to continue their winning streak and seal the series. Shikhar Dhawan’s poor form might be a concern for the ‘Men in Blue’ and they will hope to see some runs from him. India will also want Rishabh Pant to step up in this format. The bowling attack of Team India has done pretty well despite Jasprit Bumrah’s absence.
The batting line-up of Holder’s army led them down in the T20 series and in the last ODI match. The destructive batsman Chris Gayle will look to have a positive farewell and level the series for his team. Their main target will be to dismiss India’s top order as early as possible and test the middle-order.
Match: 3rd ODI, India tour of West Indies
Date and Time: 14 August 2019, 19:00 (7:00 p.m.) IST
Venue: Queen’s Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad
India: Team News, expected 11 and squad
1. It is a must-win game, so India won’t make many changes in the playing XI. Navdeep Saini might make his ODI debut with Khaleel Ahmed being left out.
2. Rishabh Pant is expected to bat at 4 while Iyer who scored a half-century in the 2nd ODI will retain his place at 5.
3. The spin attack comprising of Jadeja and Kuldeep with Bhuvneshwar and Shami as main pacers will be the bowling attack of India.
Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli(c), Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant(wk), Kedar Jadhav, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, K Khaleel Ahmed/Navdeep Saini
Virat Kohli (C), Rohit Sharma (VC), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Rishabh Pant (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kedar Jadhav, Mohammed Shami, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Khaleel Ahmed, Navdeep Saini
West Indies: Team News, expected 11 and squad
1. West Indies should not make many changes in their playing XI. Fabian Allen might play instead of Oshane Thomas if the former is fit.
2. Evin Lewis has looked in good touch in the ODI series with the scores of 46* and 65 under his belt. Shai Hope has been the “hope” of West Indies batting in recent years and the responsibility of scoring runs.
3. After having poor outings in the shortest format of the game and even in the last game, Shimron Hetmyer will want to have a good time in this format.
4. Cottrell and Roach will be the main pacers while Chase will lead the spin attack for his team.
Evin Lewis, Chris Gayle, Shai Hope(w), Nicholas Pooran, Shimron Hetmyer, Roston Chase, Jason Holder(c), Carlos Brathwaite, Fabian Allen/Oshane Thomas, Sheldon Cottrell, Kemar Roach
West Indies squad:
Jason Holder (c), John Campbell, Evin Lewis, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran, Roston Chase, Fabian Allen, Carlos Brathwaite, Keemo Paul, Chris Gayle, Sheldon Cottrell, Oshane Thomas, Shai Hope, Kemar Roach
Dream11 Team Prediction:
Wicketkeeper: Shai Hope, Nicholas Pooran, and Rishabh Pant
Batsmen: Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, and Shikhar Dhawan
All-rounders: Jason Holder and Roston Chase
Bowlers: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, and Navdeep Saini
Captain and Vice-Captain:
Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, and Shikhar Dhawan are the best choices for C/VC. Jason Holder and Chris Gayle are also good options for Vice-captain in grand leagues.
1. Shai Hope, the best ODI batsman for West Indies since 2017 is the best pick in wicketkeeper section. Nicholas Pooran who was the best Windies batsman in the World Cup 2019 is also value pick for the fantasy team.
2. Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma are two best ODI batsmen in the world at the moment and obvious choices in Dream11 team. Although Dhawan is costly (10 credits), he should not be left out of the fantasy team.
3. Carlos Brathwaite and Roston Chase can make good contributions both with the bat and the ball. Chase has a good batting technique and can score some runs in the lower-order if he gets time while Brathwaite can pick up some wickets in the slog overs.
4. Bhuvneshwar Kumar has looked in good rhythm in this series and can cause serious damage to the Windies’ batting unit, especially with the new cherry. Kuldeep who has been off-colour this year looked in good space in the last ODI while Saini is a credit saver.