After winning the first match of the T20I series comfortably, Kohli’s army will look to win the second game and seal the series for them. The pitch being very hard for batting was not an ideal deck for a T20 game. No Windies’ batsmen except Pollard showed application as they could make only 95 runs in 20 overs. The defending World T20 champions will try to make a strong comeback in this match as the series in on stake.
Like West Indies’ batsmen, the Indian batsmen also were no lesser as they lost 6 wickets to chase a low target of 96 runs. Both the sides will apply themselves better this time around and should bat sensibly.
Match: India vs West Indies, 2nd T-20I, India tour of West Indies.
Date and Time: 4 August 2019. 20:00 (8 p.m.) IST.
Venue: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground, Lauderhill, Florida
India: Team News, expected XI and squad:
1. India’s top order, the backbone of India’s batting unit couldn’t finish the match despite chasing a low target. They will look to bat better this time, especially Shikhar Dhawan.
2. The attacking batsman Rishabh Pant and Manish Pandey had a golden chance to take his team but failed to make the most of the opportunity.
3. India’s every bowler picked up at least one wicket and didn’t allow the opposition to bat freely.
Playing XI:- The ‘Men in Blue’ are expected to go with an unchanged playing eleven in the second T20I.
1. Rohit Sharma 2. Shikhar Dhawan 3. Virat Kohli (C) 4. Rishabh Pant (wk) 5. Manish Pandey 6. Krunal Pandya 7. Ravindra Jadeja 8. Washington Sundar 9. Bhuvneshwar Kumar 10. Navdeep Saini 11. Khaleel Ahmed
Virat Kohli (Captain), Rohit Sharma (VC), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Rishabh Pant (WK), Krunal Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Rahul Chahar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Khaleel Ahmed, Deepak Chahar, Navdeep Saini
West Indies: Team News, expected XI and squad:
1. Both the Windies’ opener got out without scoring a single run and their middle-order was tested.
2. Hetmyer and Powell failed to save their team from deep trouble as Pollard fought hard as a lone warrior.
3. Their bowling will be a positive sign as they displayed fighting spirit against India despite they had a total to defend.
Playing XI: West Indies is also expected to go with same playing XI.
1. John Campbell 2. Evin Lewis 3. Nicholas Pooran (wk) 4. Kieron Pollard 5. Shimron Hetmyer 6. Rovman Powell 7. Carlos Brathwaite (c) 8. Sunil Narine 9. Keemo Paul 10. Sheldon Cottrell 11. Oshane Thomas
West Indies squad:
John Campbell, Evin Lewis, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran, Kieron Pollard, Rovman Powell, Carlos Brathwaite (c), Keemo Paul, Sunil Narine, Sheldon Cottrell, Oshane Thomas, Anthony Bramble, Jason Mohammed, Khary Pierre
IND vs WI Dream11 Team Prediction
Wicketkeeper: Rishabh Pant and Nicholas Pooran
Batsmen: Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan and Kieron Pollard
All-rounders: Krunal Pandya and Washington Sundar
Bowlers: Sheldon Cottrell, Keemo Paul and Navdeep Saini
1. Rishabh Pant bagged a golden duck yesterday but we don’t recommend to leave out from your Dream11 team after one failure. The southpaw Nicholas Pooran, the second-highest scorer for his team yesterday is a must pick in the small leagues.
2. The pillars of Indian batting unit – Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan are obvious players in Dream11 team. Pollard, the highest scorer of the first T20I will be a popular pick now. Leaving him out can be a risk punt but pick him to go safe.
3. The pitch was sluggish and assisted the spinners. Krunal Pandya becomes an important pick as he can contribute with the ball and bat as well. The ‘Men in Maroon’ have four left-handed batsmen in the top 5. Hence, the off-spinner Washington Sundar is also a good pick.
4. Sheldon Cottrell, the left-arm seamer is a must pick. The young speedster Navdeep Saini is also a value pick in the fantasy team. Saini bagged his maiden MoM award for picking three wickets – Nicholas Pooran, Shimron Hetmyer and Kieron Pollard. Keemo Paul provides a good value in the fantasy team due to his low credit.
Captain and Vice-Captain choices:
Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli are the best choices for captain and vice-captain in small leagues. Rishabh Pant and Nicholas Pooran are good choices for VC in grand leagues.