After a long break of 24 days, the ‘Men in Blue’ will be back in the action as Team India is set to lock the horns with West Indies. India’s tour to West Indies comprising of three T-20Is, three ODIs and a couple of Tests will kick-off tomorrow. West Indies should not be taken be lightly even they have been in poor form of late.
The next big event – T20 World Cup 2020 will start from 18 October in Australia. India will look to start their preparation for the same in the very first assignment. Keeping the T20 World Cup in view, the selectors have picked many greenhorns in the T20 squad.
Match: India vs West Indies, 1st T-20I, India tour of West Indies.
Date and Time: 3 August 2019. 20:00 (8 p.m.) IST.
Venue: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground, Lauderhill, Florida
India: Team News, expected XI and squad:
1. Shikhar Dhawan, the opening batsman is back after missing major part of the World Cup 2019 due to an injury in his left hand. But, will he open with Rohit in the first match? This is a big question because of KL Rahul’s excellent performance at the top in the shortest format of the game.
2. Manish Pandey and Shreyas Iyer are given an opportunity because of their impressive performances in the domestic circuit. Whilst one of these two is expected to get a chance but will both of them play tomorrow? Highly unlikely.
3. MS Dhoni, the veteran wicketkeeper-batsman is not a part of this tour. Rishabh Pant will look to cement his place in the team in Dhoni’s absence.
4. Rahul Chahar, the leg-spinner has been rewarded because of his consistency in the IPL as the spin duo of Kuldeep and Chahal is rested. Ravindra Jadeja is also selected because of his heroics in the WC semi-final. Will Jadeja get a game who last played a T20I on 9 July 2017?
5. India’s ace pacer in all the formats – Jasprit Bumrah is given a break from the limited-overs cricket for this tour. The likes of Navdeep Saini, Deepak Chahar, and Khaleel Ahmed have got a chance to showcase their skills at the highest level.
6. Hardik Pandya is also given a break on this tour. Hence, India will bank on Pant and Krunal for the finishing touch.
1. Rohit Sharma 2. KL Rahul/Shikhar Dhawan 3. Virat Kohli (C) 4. Shreyas Iyer/Manish Pandey/KL Rahul 5. Rishabh Pant 6. Krunal Pandya 7. Ravindra Jadeja/Washington Sundar 8. Bhuvneshwar Kumar 9. Rahul Chahar 10. Navdeep Saini 11. Khaleel Ahmed
Virat Kohli (Captain), Rohit Sharma (VC), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Rishabh Pant (WK), Krunal Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Rahul Chahar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Khaleel Ahmed, Deepak Chahar, Navdeep Saini
West Indies: Team News, expected XI and squad:
1. T20 superstars Sunil Narine and Kieron Pollard are selected in the squad and will be drafted into the playing eleven straightaway. Andre Russell is replaced by Jason Mohammed in the squad according to the latest updates. A big setback for Brathwaite’s team.
2. Jason Holder who was the captain against England in the last T20I series of West Indies is dropped from the squad and Carlos Brathwaite is back to take the charge.
3. Shimron Hetmyer and Nicholas Pooran, two dangerous batsmen will control the middle-order and display their fireworks.
1. Evin Lewis, 2. John Campbell, 3. Shimron Hetmyer, 4. Nicholas Pooran (wk), 5. Kieron Pollard, 6. Rovman Powell 7. Sunil Narine, 8. Carlos Brathwaite (c), 9. Keemo Paul, 10. Sheldon Cottrell, 11. Oshane Thomas
West Indies squad:
John Campbell, Evin Lewis, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran, Kieron Pollard, Rovman Powell, Carlos Brathwaite (c), Keemo Paul, Sunil Narine, Sheldon Cottrell, Oshane Thomas, Anthony Bramble, Jason Mohammed, Khary Pierre
IND vs WI Dream11 Team Prediction
Wicketkeeper: Rishabh Pant and Nicholas Pooran
Batsmen: Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Shimron Hetmyer, and Evin Lewis
All-rounders: Carlos Brathwaite and Krunal Pandya
Bowlers: Sheldon Cottrell, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Navdeep Saini
1. Rishabh Pant and Nicholas Pooran are fantastic players in this format and very good picks for your fantasy team. Pant has been brilliant in the last three IPL seasons as he averages more than 37 with a staggering strike rate of more than 160 in every IPL season since 2017. Pooran played an excellent knock of 53 runs off just 25 balls against India at Chennai.
2. Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma are obvious picks in Dream11 team. Although Hetmyer averages just 12.11 in T20Is, he is a good punt. Evin Lewis is a good pick because of his excellent record against India. Against India, the southpaw has scored two centuries in only three T20Is with an incredible average of 116 and insane strike-rate nearing 200.
3. Brathwaite has been in good form of late while Pandya has been pretty impressive in his short career so far.
4. Cottrell and Bhuvneshwar will be the lead bowlers of their sides and reliable players. Saini was pretty good in his debut IPL.
Captain and Vice-Captain choices:
Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma are the best choices for captain and vice-captain in small leagues. KL Rahul is a good choice for C/VC if he plays. Rishabh Pant and Nicholas Pooran are good choices for VC in grand leagues.
Staats and Trivia:
1. India has tasted victory only in two out of seven matches (one in Dhaka, Bangladesh) against West Indies away from (India’s) home.
2. KL Rahul boasts of having an average of more than 53 with a strike rate of about 14 while opening. He is a must pick in your fantasy team if he opens.
3. Khaleel Ahmed has been in good form of late both in IPL (19 wickets in 9 matches) and for India A (9 scalps in 4 ODIs). He can be a good punt.
Keep an eye on the final playing XI during toss and make necessary changes if any player misses out.