The ‘Men in Blue’ were undefeated in the T20I and ODI series and now they are scheduled to play a Test series of 2 matches from tomorrow. This series is a part of the World Test Championship which simply increases its weightage.
Kohli’s army won their first-ever Test series against Tim Paine and Co. in Australia’s own backyard while West Indies defeated England by 2-1 at their home.
Match: IND vs WI, 1st Test
Date and Time: 22 August 2019, 19:00 (7:00 p.m.) IST
Venue: Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua.
India: Team News, expected XI and squad
1. Mayank Agarwal and KL Rahul are expected to open the innings for India.
2. Cheteshwar Pujara is in the form of his life scored century in the warm-up game against West Indies A. He will have a huge responsibility of scoring runs along with skipper Virat Kohli.
3. One of Rahane and Vihari is expected to bat at 5. Rahane scored a half-century while opening in the practice game while Vihari scored 37*, 64.
4. Kuldeep Yadav struck three wickets in the first inning of the three-day practice match but didn’t bowl in the second inning. At least one of Jadeja and Ashwin or both will play as an all-rounder.
5. The speedster Umesh Yadav picked up three wickets in the warm-up game but he is unlikely to play tomorrow. Bumrah will lead the pace attack, assisted by Ishant or (and) Shami.
1. KL Rahul 2. Mayank Agarwal 3. Cheteshwar Pujara 4. Virat Kohli (C) 5. Ajinkya Rahane/Hanuma Vihari 6. Rohit Sharma 7. Rishabh Pant 8. Ravindra Jadeja/Ravichandran Ashwin 9. Ravindra Jadeja/Mohammad Shami 10. Ishant Sharma 11. Jasprit Bumrah
Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Virat Kohli(c), Mayank Agarwal, Cheteshwar Pujara, Lokesh Rahul, Rishabh Pant, Wriddhiman Saha(w), Hanuma Vihari, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Kuldeep Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah
West Indies: Team News, expected XI and squad
1. According to the latest updates, Keemo Paul is ruled out of the first Test due to an injury in his left ankle. Left-arm medium-pacer Migeul Cummins has replaced Keemo Paul but he is unlikely to play.
2. Rahkheem Cornwall has made a comeback in the Test side, thanks to his excellent performance in the Domestic Circuit. He is expected to get a game.
1. Kraigg Brathwaite 2. John Campbell 3. Shai Hope 4. Darren Bravo 5. Shimron Hetmyer 6. Jason Holder (C) 7. Shane Dowrich (wk) 8. Roston Chase 9. Rahkeem Cornwall 10. Kemar Roach 11. Shannon Gabriel
West Indies squad:
Kraigg Brathwaite, Darren Bravo, Shamarh Brooks, Shimron Hetmyer, Shane Dowrich, Shai Hope(w), Rahkeem Cornwall, Jason Holder(c), Roston Chase, Keemo Paul, John Campbell, Kemar Roach, Shannon Gabriel
Dream11 Team Prediction:
Wicketkeeper: Rishabh Pant
Batsmen: Virat Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara, Mayank Agarwal, Shimron Hetmyer
All-rounders: Jason Holder, Ravindra Jadeja, and Roston Chase
Bowlers: Jasprit Bumrah, Shannon Gabriel, Ishant Sharma.
Captain and Vice-captain:
Virat Kohli and Cheteshwar Pujara are the best choices for C and VC in the fantasy team.
1. Rishabh Pant who averages about 50 in Test cricket is the safest choice available in the wicketkeeper section. Shane Dowrich can be a good pick in Grand Leagues.
2. Virat Kohli along with Cheteshwar Pujara is the backbone of the Indian batting line-up. Both are obvious choices in the fantasy team. Mayank Agarwal who impressive in his debut Test series in Australia is an excellent value pick. Shimron Hetmyer, though in poor form is a good punt.
3. The number one Test all-rounder in the world at the moment – Jason Holder is a must pick in the small leagues. The off-spinner Roston Chase is capable of making decent contributions with the red cherry and the bat as well. Same is the case with the left-arm Ravindra Jadeja. Pick Ashwin if he plays ahead of Jadeja.
4. India’s ace pacer Jasprit Bumrah is costly but should not be left out in the small leagues. Ishant Sharma looked in good form in the warm-up game and offers good value for his credit. The speedster Shannon Gabriel is a good pick on the Caribbean pitches.
Keep an eye on the final playing eleven during toss and update your team if any player misses out.