After clean sweeping the T20I series comfortably, India is scheduled to play an ODI series against West Indies. India enters the series as hot favourites while the hosts are underdogs against the second-best ODI team. Whilst winning the series will be the first priority of India, they will also focus on their middle-order woes.
West Indies, on the other hand, have their own issues in batting and spin department. Although the batting line-up has enormous potential they failed to showcase a complete team performance in the World Cup 2019. West Indies can not be taken lightly at their home as the ‘Men in Maroon’ gave a tough fight to England levelled the ODI series by 2-2.
Match: IND vs WI, 1st ODI, ODI series, India tour of West Indies
Date and Time: 8 August 2019. 19:00 (7 p.m.) IST.
Venue: Providence Ground, Guyana.
India: Team News, expected playing XI and squad
1. After being rested in the last T20I, Rohit Sharma who is in the purple patch will be back at the opening slot with his partner in crime Shikhar Dhawan.
2. Kohli’s army will look to solve the middle muddle with fresh options like Manish Pandey, Rishabh Pant and Shreyas Iyer. Rishabh Pant’s knock in the last T20I should be a big positive for Team India and Pant as well.
3. The spin duo of Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal will be back and look to gain form after being off-colour for a while.
4. Since Jasprit Bumrah is rested, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Mohammad Shami will lead the pace attack.
1. Rohit Sharma 2. Shikhar Dhawan 3. Virat Kohli (C) 4. Rishabh Pant (wk) 5. Shreyas Iyer 6. Kedar Jadhav 7. Ravindra Jadeja 8. Bhuvneshwar Kumar 9. Kuldeep Yadav 10. Mohammad Shami 11. Yuzvendra Chahal
Virat Kohli (C), Rohit Sharma (VC), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Rishabh Pant (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kedar Jadhav, Mohammed Shami, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Khaleel Ahmed, Navdeep Saini
West Indies: Team News, expected playing XI and squad
1. Addition of the likes of Chris Gayle, Shai Hope and Jason Holder in the ODI squad will boost the batting unit of the hosts.
2. One of Evin Lewis and John Campbell will open the innings with ‘Universe Boss’.
3. After having poor outings in the shortest format of the game, Shimron Hetmyer and Nicholas Pooran will want to have a good time in this format.
1. Chris Gayle 2. Evin Lewis 3. Shai Hope 4. Shimron Hetmyer 5. Nicholas Pooran 6. Jason Holder (C) 7. Carlos Brathwaite 8. Roston Chase/Fabian Allen 9. Keemo Paul 10. Oshane Thomas 11. Sheldon Cottrell
West Indies squad:
Jason Holder (c), John Campbell, Evin Lewis, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran, Roston Chase, Fabian Allen, Carlos Brathwaite, Keemo Paul, Chris Gayle, Sheldon Cottrell, Oshane Thomas, Shai Hope, Kemar Roach
Dream11 Team Prediction:
Wicketkeeper: Nicholas Pooran and Shai Hope
Batsmen: Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, and Shreyas Iyer
All-rounders: Jason Holder, Carlos Brathwaite, and Ravindra Jadeja
Bowlers: Mohammad Shami, Sheldon Cottrell and Yuzvendra Chahal.
Captain and Vice-Captain:
Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, and Shai Hope are the best choices for C/VC. Jason Holder is also a good option for Vice-captain.
1. Shai Hope, the best ODI batsman for West Indies since 2017 is an obvious pick in wicketkeeper section. Nicholas Pooran who was the best Windies batsman in the World Cup 2019 is also value pick for the fantasy team.
2. Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma are two best ODI batsmen in the world at the moment and obvious choices in Dream11 team. Shreyas Iyer can be a good punt if he gets a chance to showcase his skills.
3. Jason Holder, captain of ‘Men in Maroon’ can make good contributions both with the bat and the ball. Ravindra Jadeja can be a handy pick considering his heroics in WC semi-final. Carlos Brathwaite is a risk-taking worth.
4. The left-arm pacer Sheldon Cottrell has been the bowler for his team since WC 2019 and is a must pick in small leagues. Shami looked in good rhythm in the mega event in England. The leggie Chahal can have a good outing against the hosts considering his attacking approach.