AUS vs IND DREAM11 Prediction | Australia vs India 1st ODI | Who Will Win
After a historic win over the mighty Aussies in the four-match Test series by 2-1, India will now enter the 3-match ODI series with tremendous confidence by their side which is slated to kick-off from January 12th in Sydney.
India engraved their name in the history books by becoming the first ever sub-continent nation to register a Test series win over Australia in their own den. It took them 71 years to harvest this drought, but the way they displayed the character on the field was worth watching and waiting.
The Indian team is sweating hard at the nets to continue their dominance in the ODIs as well. Now, with the change in format, the visitors will look to carry forward the confidence of their emphatic Test glory and put up their good work in the upcoming three matches.
As far as Australians are concerned, they would be looking to avenge their humiliating defeat in the Test series. Aaron Finch will be back donning the captain’s hat like the way he did in the T20I series.
The Australians have made many changes in their squad with the notable being the exclusion of the pace trio Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood. They have been replaced by Jhye Richardson, Jason Behrendorff and Peter Siddle who is making a comeback in the coloured outfit after 9 years.
Where – Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
When – 07:50 AM IST, January 12, 2019
AUS vs IND TEAM NEWS
- ODI specialists MS Dhoni, Yuzvendra Chahal, Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan etc are back in the mix.
- Jasprit Bumrah has been rested for the ODI series, Khaleel Ahmed, Mohammad Siraj and Mohammad Shami have been named in the squad.
- CoA has recommended a two-match ban for KL Rahul and Hardik Pandya, which means they are doubtful for the first ODI.
- Australia have rested the pace trio of Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood.
- Jason Behrendorff, Peter Siddle and Jhye Richardson have been named in the squad as replacements.
- Ashton Turner has been named in place of injured Mitchell Marsh for the first ODI.
- Australia have named their playing XI ahead of the first ODI. Peter Siddle included after 8 years lay-off.
AUS vs IND Squads
- Aaron Finch(c)
- Billy Stanlake
- Jason Behrendorff
- Peter Siddle
- Usman Khawaja
- Nathan Lyon
- Peter Handscomb
- Adam Zampa
- Ashton Turner
- Shaun Marsh
- Glenn Maxwell
- Marcus Stoinis
- Mitchell Marsh
- Alex Carey
- Jhye Richardson
- Virat Kohli(c)
- Rohit Sharma
- K Khaleel Ahmed
- Mohammed Shami
- Lokesh Rahul
- Shikhar Dhawan
- Kuldeep Yadav
- Yuzvendra Chahal
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar
- Mohammed Siraj
- Ambati Rayudu
- Dinesh Karthik
- Kedar Jadhav
- MS Dhoni
- Hardik Pandya
AUS vs IND Playing 11 (Probable)
Aaron Finch, Usman Khawaja, Peter Handscomb, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Alex Carey, Nathan Lyon, Jason Behrendorff, Peter Siddle, Jhye Richardson.
Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Ambati Rayudu, Kedar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik, Ravindra Jadeja, Khaleel Ahmed, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammad Shami. (Doubt: Mohammad Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal)
AUS vs IND Dream11 Fantasy Team
Australia Fantasy Picks
- Batting has been a bit of concern for the hosts from the past year or so, the top order comprising Aaron Finch, Usman Khawaja, and Shaun Marsh will be their key batters.
- Both Glenn Maxwell and Marcus Stoinis are in good touch as seen in the BBL, they are the game changers in this line-up.
- Peter Siddle is making a comeback after almost 8 years, a lot many eyes would be on him. Jason Behrendorff is someone whom the Indians don’t find easy to play.
India Fantasy Picks
- The big three, Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, and skipper Virat Kohli will be the batters to rely on.
- Ambati Rayudu and Dinesh Karthik have always grabbed the opportunity when it comes across.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar will be spearheading the bowling attack, while the likes of Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammad Shami and Khaleel Ahmed will be the able allies to him.
Make AUS vs IND Dream11 Team as per your discretion from the squad listed in the article.