Tim Paine and Co. are ahead in the series by 1-0 and they need to win only one more Test to retain the Ashes. With no victory in the series so far, England can not afford to lose this Test to have a chance in Ashes 2019.
The visitors will be worried about their batting as Smith who has carried their batting unit is ruled of this Test. The debutant Jofra Archer was breathing fire at Lord’s which must have boosted the confidence of the hosts.
Match: AUS vs ENG 3rd Test, Ashes 2019
Date and Time: 22 August 2019, 15:50 (3:30 p.m.)
Venue: Headingley, Leeds
England: Team News, expected XI and squad:
1. England has announced an unchanged squad for this match which implies that their playing XI might remain the same.
2. “Will Sam Curran get an opportunity?” is the big question. However, Woakes might be rested to give Curran an opportunity.
Playing XI: 1. Jason Roy, 2. Rory Burns, 3. Joe Root (c), 4. Joe Denly, 5. Jos Buttler, 6. Ben Stokes, 7. Jonny Bairstow (wk), 8. Chris Woakes, 9. Jofra Archer, 10. Stuart Broad, 11. Jack Leach
England squad: Rory Burns, Jason Roy, Joe Root (c), Joe Denly, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Chris Woakes, Jofra Archer, Stuart Broad, Jack Leach
Australia: Team News, expected XI and squad:
1. Steven Smith who was ruled out in the second inning of the last Test will also miss the third match.
2. Marnus Labuschagne who played as a substitute of Smith will replace the latter for this game.
3. Australian skipper Tim Paine has also hinted for a change at the top which means Marcus Harris might get a chance instead of Bancroft.
4. Either of Starc and Pattinson is expected to replace Peter Siddle because of the rotation policy.
Playing XI: 1. David Warner, 2. Marcus Harris, 3. Usman Khawaja, 4. Marnus Labuschagne, 5. Travis Head, 6. Matthew Wade, 7. Tim Paine (wk), 8. Pat Cummins, 9. James Pattinson/Mitchell Starc 10. Josh Hazlewood 11. Nathan Lyon
Australia squad: Tim Paine (c/wk), David Warner, Cameron Bancroft, Usman Khawaja, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Matthew Wade, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Peter Siddle, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood.
Dream11 Team Prediction:
Wicketkeeper: Jonny Bairstow
Batsmen: Joe Root, David Warner, and Usman Khawaja
All-rounders: Ben Stokes, Travis Head and Marnus Labuschagne
Bowlers: Nathan Lyon, Pat Cummins, Chris Woakes, and Jofra Archer
Captain and Vice-captain:
Ben Stokes and Joe Root are the best choices for C and VC respectively.
1. The right-handed batsman Jonny Bairstow who scored a half-century in the last match is the best choice available in the wicketkeeper section. Jos Buttler is a good pick for Grand Leagues.
2. David Warner who is yet to cross double-digit score in this Ashes is a good punt for this Test as he might score big in the absence of Steven Smith. Joe Root who has failed to live up to the expectations shouldn’t be left out of the fantasy team. He is the best option available in the batting section as Smith won’t take part in the third match. Usman Khawaja is expected to have a fair outing at Headingly.
3. Ben Stokes is in red-hot form and is a must pick in the Dream11 team. Ben Stokes who is the second-best English batsman in this series averages over 61 with one century to his name. Marnus Labuschagne who played as a substitute for Smith in the last Test displayed his amazing temperament and sound technique. The southpaw Travis Head has been the best Aussie batsman after Steven Smith is a good value pick for the fantasy team.
4. Nathan Lyon, Pat Cummins, Chris Woakes, and Jofra Archer are the must picks in the bowling section.
Keep an eye on the final playing eleven during toss and update your team if any player misses out.