After breaking their losing streak at Edgbaston since 2001, Tim Paine’s army will again lock the horns with the hosts at Australia’s favourite cricket ground in England. James Anderson’s injury and Steven Smith’s incredible brilliance rewarded a victory to visitors as they won the first Test by 251 runs and earned a valuable lead in the series.
England will look to level the series while Australia will wish to win the second match and make their stronger to retain the Ashes.
Match: AUS vs ENG 2nd Tests, The Ashes 2019.
Date and Time: 14 August 2019. 15:30 (3:30 p.m.) IST.
Venue: Lord’s, London.
England: Team News, expected XI and squad
1. James Anderson who bowled only four overs in the first match is out due to injury from the squad of the second Test.
2. England’s new sensation Jofra Archer will replace Anderson and make his debut in the whites.
3. The left-arm spinner Jake Leach has replaced Moeen Ali and will play tomorrow at Lord’s. Moeen had a very poor outing at Edgbaston with the bat and ball as well.
1. Rory Burns, 2. Jason Roy, 3. Joe Root (c), 4. Joe Denly, 5. Ben Stokes, 6. Jos Buttler, 7. Jonny Bairstow (wk), 8. Chris Woakes, 9. Jofra Archer, 10. Stuart Broad, 11. Jack Leach
Rory Burns, Jason Roy, Joe Root (c), Joe Denly, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Chris Woakes, Jofra Archer, Stuart Broad, Jack Leach
Australia: Team News, expected XI and squad
Australia has announced their twelve-men squad for tomorrow’s match. James Pattinson is out and one of Starc and Hazlewood is expected to get a game.
The rest of the team will be unchanged.
1. David Warner 2. Cameron Bancroft 3. Usman Khawaja 4. Steven Smith 5. Travis Head 6. Matthew Wade 7. Tim Paine (C & wk) 8. Pat Cummins 9. Mitchell Starc/Josh Hazlewood 10. Peter Siddle 11. Nathan Lyon
Tim Paine (c/wk), David Warner, Cameron Bancroft, Usman Khawaja, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Matthew Wade, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Peter Siddle, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood.
AUS vs ENG Dream11 Prediction
Wicketkeeper: Matthew Wade and Jonny Bairstow
Batsmen: Joe Root, Steven Smith, Usman Khawaja
All-rounders: Ben Stokes and Travis Head
Bowlers: Pat Cummins, Chris Woakes, Jofra Archer and Peter Siddle
Captain and Vice-captain choices:
Steven Smith and Ben Stokes are the best choices for C/VC. Joe Root and Chris Woakes are good choices for C/VC in Grand Leagues.
1. The left-handed batsman Matthew Wade who scored a century in the last match is the best option available in the wicketkeeper section as he provides good value for credit. Despite being in poor form, England’s wicketkeeper Jonny Bairstow is the best punt for this test.
2. Steven Smith is the easiest pick in the fantasy team and safest choice for C/VC. England’s skipper Joe Root and Khawaja are expected to have a good time at Lord’s.
3. The all-rounder Ben Stokes can contribute significantly with the bat and ball as well and should not be left out of Dream11 team due to high credit. Travis Head is in brilliant form in the longest format of the game and is a good value pick. Do pick Sam Curran if he plays tomorrow.
4. Chris Woakes and Pat Cummins are obvious picks in small leagues. Jofra Archer picked a 6-fer and scored a hundred in his last county game. So, Archer is a very good pick because of brilliant form. Peter Siddle is picked as a credit saver.