Pakistan will hope for good weather when they take on Sri Lanka in the second ODI in Karachi tomorrow. After a decent World Cup outing, Pakistan is set to begin a new journey under new coach Misbah and first ODI in Karachi in 10 years will further motivate entire team to do well. On the other hand, Sri Lanka are without their most of the seniors players and it’s also a good opportunity for youngsters to cement their places.
Match Details :
Match : SL vs PAK, Sri Lanka vs Pakistan, Sri Lanka tour of Pakistan, 2019
Date and Time : 30 September 2019, 3.30 PM IST
Venue : National Stadium, Karachi
Sri Lanka Team News and Expected Playing XI :
Team News :
1. Sri Lanka is ranked 8th in the ICC ODI team rankings.
2. Lahiru Thirimanne will lead Sri Lanka in this ODI series.
3. Most of the senior players like Angelo Mathews, Dimuth Karunaratne, Kusal Perera, Kusal Mendis, Suranga Lakmal aren’t part of the squad due to personal reasons.
4. Akila Dananjaya has been banned from bowling until 20 August 2020 due to illegal bowling action.
5. Players like Danushka Gunathikala, Sadeera Samarawickrama are making their come backs.
6. There are no major injury concerns for Sri Lanka side.
Expected Playing XI :
Avishka Fernando, Sadeera Samarawickrama (wk), Danushka Gunathikala, Lahiru Thirimanne (c), Oshada Fernando, Dasun Shanaka, Shehan Jayasuriya, Isuru Udana, Nuwan Pradeep, Wanidu Hasaranga, Lahiru Kumara
Pakistan Team News and Expected Playing XI :
Team News :
1. Pakistan is ranked 6th in the ICC ODI team rankings.
2. Sarfraz Ahmed will continue to lead Pakistan in limited overs.
3. Shaoib Malik has retired and Mohammad Hafeez has been dropped from ODIs.
4. Shaheen Shah Afridi isn’t part of the squad due to injury.
5. Hasan Ali too has been dropped due to his poor performance in the World Cup.
6. Abid Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Iftikhar Ahmed, Mohammad Rizwan and Usman Shinwari are making their come backs into ODI side.
Expected Playing XI :
Imam ul Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Haris Sohail, Sarfraz Ahmed (c & wk), Asif Ali, Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Amir, Wahab Riaz and Usman Shinwari
SL vs PAK Dream11 Team Prediction :
Wicket keepers : S Samarawickrama
Batsmen : Imam ul Haq, Babar Azam, Haris Sohail, Avishka Fernando
All rounders : Dasun Shanaka, Wanindu Hasaranga
Bowlers : Isuru Udana, Mohammad Amir, Shadab Khan, Wahab Riaz
Captain and Vice captain :
Captain – Babar Azam or Imam ul Haq and vice captain – Haris Sohail or Mohammad Amir
Stats and Facts :
1. Last 5 ODIs performance –
Sri Lanka – W, W, W, L, W
Pakistan – W, W, W, W, L
2. Pakistan last 5 ODIs against Sri Lanka –
W, W, W, W, W
3. Following Sri Lanka players have been good in ODIs this year –
Avishka Fernando – 443 runs at 36.91 in 12 inns (1*100, 2*50)
Lahiru Thirimanne – 212 runs at 42.50 in 7 inns (1*50)
Nuwan Pradeep – 17 wickets at 29.58 in 9 inns (2*4-for)
Isuru Udana – 170 runs and 11 wickets in 12 matches
Danushka Gunathikala – 145 runs at 48.33 in 3 inns (1*50)
4. Following Pakistan players have been good in ODIs this year –
Babar Azam – 946 runs at 59.12 in 18 inns (2*100, 6*50)
Imam ul Haq – 873 runs at 48.50 in 20 inns (3*100, 3*50)
Haris Sohail – 558 runs at 50.72 in 13 inns (2*100, 2*50)
Imad Wasim – 460 runs at 51.11 and 12 wickets in 20 matches
Mohammad Amir – 19 wickets at 27.31 in 12 inns (1*5-for)
Usman Shinwari – 10 wickets at 26.60 in 6 inns (2*4-for)
5. Pakistan is a strong team compare to Sri Lanka’s second string team and in home conditions should beat the visitors.