Manchester United will begin their Europa League 2019-20 campaign tomorrow when they take on Kazakhstani side FC Astana at Old Trafford in Manchester. United have had tough times in Premier League as many of their main players are suffering from injuries and some are not in good form but against Astana they shouldn’t have much problems and might try all those players who haven’t played enough in Premier League. On the other hand, FC Astana have nothing to lose and they should play their free game without taking any external pressure.
Match Details :
Match : MUN vs ASN, Manchester United vs FC Astana, Europa League 2019-20
Date and Time : 20 September 2019, 12.30 AM IST
Venue : Old Trafford, Manchester
Manchester United Team News and Expected Playing XI :
Team News :
1. Paul Pogba and Anthony Martial are ruled out due to injuries.
2. Jesse Lingard and Diogo Dalot have returned to training and might start on the bench in this game.
3. Defenders Luke Shaw and Eric Bailly are also sidelined due to injuries.
4. Coach Solskjaer has confirmed that Mason Greenwood, Axel Tuanzebe and Sergio Romero will play from start in this match.
5. Daniel James didn’t take part in yesterday’s training session due to some fitness problems.
6. No player is suspended for this game.
Expected Playing XI :
Goalkeeper : S. Romero
Defenders : A. Young, V. Lindelof, A. Tuanzebe, P. Jones
Midfielders : Fred, S. McTominay, A. Pereira, J. Mata
Forward : M. Greenwood, T. Chong
FC Astana Team News and Expected Playing XI :
Team News :
1. Defender Zarko Tomasevic is facing a domestic ban and he should get some game time against United.
2. There are no injury concerns for Astana team ahead of this encounter.
3. No player is suspended for this match.
Expected playing XI :
Goalkeeper : N. Eric
Defenders : Y. Postnikov, A. Rukavina, L. Simunovic, D. Shomko
Midfielders : I. Mayewski, M. Tomasov, RM Sigurjonsson, D. Rotariu
Forwards : R. Murtazayev , S. Muzhikov
MUN vs ASN Dream11 Prediction :
Goalkeeper : N Eric
Defenders : A Young, P Jones, A Tuanzebe
Midfielders : R M Sigurjonsson, M Tomasov, A Pereira, J Mata, T Chong
Forwards : M Greenwood, D Rotariu
Captain and Vice Captain :
Captain Mason Greenwood and vice captain Tahith Chong or Juan Mata
Stats and Facts :
1. Form guide (last 5 matches)
Manchester United – W, D, L, D, W
FC Astana – W, W, W, L, W
2. Manchester United have scored 8 and conceded 4 goals in 5 official matches this season so far.
3. Astana have scored 14 and conceded 3 goals in their last 5 official matches and 3 of the games were in Europa League Qualifiers.
4. Most Goals and Assists for Manchester United this season –
3 – Marcus Rashford / Daniel James
2 – Anthony Martial
2 – Paul Pogba
1 – Andres Pereira / Marcus Rashford / Anthony Martial / S McTominay
5. Most Goals and Assists for FC Astana in Europa League Qualifiers
7 – Marin Tomasov
4 – Runar Mar Sigurjonsson
2 – Roman Murtazayev / Yuri Logvinenko
1- Rangelo Janga
1 – Marin Tomasov / Runar Mar Sigurjonsson